The opal is one of the most unique gemstones in the world due to the unique way that light reflects off of its surface. An opal can show off a rainbow of colors as it shimmers in the light, and this makes it one of the most intriguing gemstones for use in fine jewelry. In the classic birthstone tradition, the opal is the gemstone for October, and opal jewelry is a very popular gift for ladies born during this month of the year. If you’re shopping for October birthstone jewelry, the John S. Brana Handmade Jewelry collection includes a number of beautiful options for gift giving. Here are a few samples:
- African Opal Necklace – Like the opal itself, the African Opal Necklace shows off a lovely rainbow of colors and is the perfect way to brighten up a simple top or dress. The necklace includes African opals, which have a deep black-brown hue with earthy coloration. Accompanying the opals are citrine and amazonite beads, brown lava rock, chunks of amazonite and 24-karat gold vermeil beads. Finished with a toggle closure, the necklace measures 23 inches in length.
- African Opal Bracelet – The African Opal Bracelet is a perfect match for the African Opal Necklace, making it a lovely choice if you want to buy her a matching set for her birthday. The bracelet also makes a beautiful statement piece when worn on its own. Measuring 7 inches in length, the bracelet is made from 14-karat gold-filled chain maille and includes African opal, amazonite, brown lava rock, citrines and 24-karat gold vermeil beads.
- Boulder Opal Bronze Ring – Inspired by the beauty of California’s redwood forests, the ring has a very unique 6-prong setting that is meticulously textured to look like a tree branch. The setting is crafted out of precious bronze metal, and the central stone is a 9-carat Boulder opal cabochon. The ring is 7/8 inch long by 1/4 inch wide by 3/8 inch high, and its shank measures 3/16 inch.
- Copper Tree Branch Ring with African Opal – The Copper Tree Branch Ring with African Opal brings the tree branch motif together with a gorgeous African opal gemstone. The setting here includes four elongated copper prongs and a 1/4-inch shank. The ring is 3/4 inch long by 7/8 wide by 3/8 inch high.
- Onyx and Crystal Quartz Necklace – White, black and amber come together to make the Onyx and Crystal Quartz Necklace a versatile, fashionable necklace that is ideal for many occasions. Milky white opal beads are used in this design along with citrine gemstones, moonstone, gold-toned freshwater pearls, golden quartz and black onyx. The necklace is 24 inches long and secured with a toggle closure.
You can find a wide variety of beautiful birthday gift options as well as 10th wedding anniversary and 7th anniversary gifts and gifts for the holiday season in the John S. Brana Handmade Jewelry collection. Shop now to find the perfect present for that special occasion.
- Handmade Designer Jewelry Blog
- A New Angle: the Triangle Trend Fall 2015
- Get the Fall 2015 Fashion Look: Natural Chic
- Handmade Jewelry by John S Brana
Original article: Exquisite Opals: October Birthstone Jewelry
©2015 Handmade Jewelry Blog by Jewelry Designer John S Brana. All Rights Reserved.