Statement jewelry is ultra popular this season as it has been for the last few. The idea with a statement piece is to make a focal point with your accessories while keeping the rest of your jewelry more minimal. The key to getting a great look with a statement piece is knowing whether to accent your ears, neck, wrist or finger. We put together this quick guide to statement jewelry to help you select the ideal focal point for any outfit.
– When to Choose Statement Necklaces – Statement necklaces like our Square Carnelian Beaded Gemstone Necklace and Serpentine Sterling Silver Chain Maille Necklace are best for balancing bare necklines. Halter tops, plunging V-necks, deep scoop necks and off-the-shoulder necks are all ideal for pairing with statement necklaces. One caveat is that you don’t want to add a statement necklace to a flashy neckline with beads or sequins, as you can wind up looking overdone. The shape of the neckline should be complemented by the shape of the necklace. Check out our article on choosing necklace shapes for advice about pairing different necklines with necklaces.
– When to Choose Statement Bracelets – Bold statement bracelets like our 3 Inch Aluminum Bark Cuff and Fluted Copper Cuff can be used to balance a very elaborate or high neckline. It’s best to wear statement bracelets with short sleeves, cap sleeves, tank straps, camisole straps or strapless looks. If you have long arms, you can also wear statement bracelets with three-quarter sleeves.
– When to Choose Statement Earrings – Statement earrings like our Chased Nu Gold Chandelier Earrings and Patinated Copper Turquoise Tear Drop Earrings are perfect for calling attention to your face. You may want to opt for statement earrings if you’re wearing your hair up or you have a short haircut. Choosing your ears to accent can also be a wonderful way to balance the shape of your face for occasions when you know that you’re going to be photographed. You can read our article about complementary earring shapes for various face shapes for individual style advice.
– When to Choose Statement Rings – Statement rings or cocktail rings like our 29 CT Sunstone Copper Handmade Ring and Cushion Cut Amethyst Sterling Silver Cocktail Ring are perfect for calling attention to a new manicure or for occasions where you want to dress up your hands without wearing bracelets due to sleeve length or comfort. A statement ring is also a great way to complete a casual outfit that might not be suited for a flashy necklace or earrings.
Having one or two pieces of each type of statement jewelry will give you the freedom to mix and match outfits and accessories easily to look fashionable for any occasion. The John S. Brana Handmade Jewelry collection features dozens of statement earrings, bracelets, rings and necklaces. Shop our online store to find the statement basics you need for versatility in your jewelry box.
- Handmade Designer Jewelry Blog
- Choosing the Right Bracelet Width
- Jewelry Looks that Celebrate Fall
- Handmade Jewelry by John S Brana
Original article: Deciding How to Make a Jewelry Statement
©2015 Handmade Jewelry Blog by Jewelry Designer John S Brana. All Rights Reserved.