One of the trickiest parts of accessorizing outfits is finding necklaces that are perfectly suited for the neckline on a top or dress. To help make it easier for you to create great outfits, we put together this guide to selecting necklaces for different necklines.
1. Turtleneck – Turtlenecks can be very difficult to style with necklaces, as you don’t want to wear something that is too tight around the collar area. An excellent solution is to put a simple chain like our 22-inch Chased Stainless Steel Link Necklace over top of the turtleneck.
2. Crew Neck – Bib necklaces that are not too thick will fit perfectly along the curve of a crew neckline. Our Carnelian & Serpentine Beaded Gemstone Necklace is a great example, as it has a rounded shape, and its mix of pearls, serpentine, carnelian, amazonite and amber is colorful but not too wide.
3. Scoop Neck – With a scoop neck, choose a rounder necklace with plenty of volume. Our Blue Chalcedony White Coral Necklace is an excellent choice with its perfectly shaped mix of white stick coral, blue chalcedony, aqua Venetian glass beads, clear quartz and aqua freshwater pearls.
4. Strapless – To complement a strapless neckline, choose a tight fitting choker necklace. A necklace like our Orange Italian Mesh Metal Ribbon Necklace that you can adjust for length will help you to get the right fit without feeling uncomfortable. This particular piece expands from 16 to 20 inches and features orange Italian mesh metal ribbons and carnelian.
5. Square – With a square neckline, you want to echo the shape of the top with the shape of your necklace. This is best done with a square or angular pendant like our Green Emerald Cut Gold Quartz 14K Gold-filled Pendant. You can mix and match the necklace with any gold tone chain, so you can easily adjust it to the perfect length to suit your top.
6. Off the Shoulder – Complement the look of an asymmetrical off-the-shoulder top with a necklace that is also asymmetrical. Our Faceted Garnets and Citrine Flower Necklace is a great choice, as it features citrine briolette flowers on one side and simple garnet gemstones and 24-karat gold seed beads on the other.
7. Halter Neck – For a halter neckline, try a pendant necklace with an elongated shape and a narrow width. At 3-1/2 inches in length and 3/4 inches in width, our Lepidochrosite 14K Gold-filled Pendant is a lovely choice for any halter.
8. V-Neck – A wide necklace with a V-shape will flatter any V-neck top. Our Yellow Jade Chain Maille Necklace is perfectly sized and shaped and will also look pretty with a halter.
9. Collared Shirt – For a shirt with a traditional lapel collar, go for an understated pendant necklace and wear it underneath the fabric. Our Oval Green Gold Quartz 14K Gold-filled Pendant will look lovely under blouses and collared dresses of almost any color.
10. Sweetheart – A tear drop pendant will fit perfectly into the small scoop featured on a sweetheart bodice or top. Try our Smoky Quartz 14K Gold-filled Pendant for a stunning look with neutral, go-with-anything color.
We have many other necklaces in our collection that will coordinate with various necklines, so take some time to check out all of our pendant and necklace styles!
- Handmade Designer Jewelry Blog
- 10 Statement-Making Earrings
- Copper Jewelry with Color: 6 Beautiful Patinated Pieces
- Handmade Jewelry by John S Brana
Original article: A Necklace for Every Neckline – Top 10 Necklace Designs
©2015 Handmade Jewelry Blog by Jewelry Designer John S Brana. All Rights Reserved.